The room backups are divided into 3 parts :
- configuration files which allow you to reconstruct all the work to configure a room:
- automation.ini for automatic events
- dashboard.ini for the dashboard
- layout.ini for the position of the windows
- masters.ini for the GM list
- panel. *. ini for control panels
- programs.ini for external applications, plugins, audio and video media
- props.ini for connected props
- script.ini for the game script
- settings.ini for MQTT topics, backups and statistics, visible windows and room (name, duration of the game, etc.)
- team.ini for the progress of the current game
- Room directory folders except Media (hence the others: Externals, Images, Plugins, Props)
- its size will be more or less important, generally a few hundred MegaBytes.
- the Media folder in the Room directory
- its size can exceed several GigaBytes with videos and audio tape of one hour
You can define several backup plans, a plan is named and it points to the backup folder, preferably a NAS server or a removable USB disk.
During the creation of the escape room it is advisable to often save the configuration files, possibly on a local disk, in order to be able to go back easily in case of errors like the deletion of a prop or a control panel.
To make a backup, all plugins and all media must be closed.